SGG E-Clear A is our entry level thermal glass, available in 4mm thickness.
Please also see our Planitherm Range of product for more advanced options:
E-CLEAR A from GLASSOLUTIONS is deal for both new build and refurbishment residential windows and doors, where entry level performance is required.
Thanks to advanced coating technology, new SGG E-CLEAR A provides glass processors with an easier to process, more durable low-E solution that does not require edge-deletion when used with approved sealants. Moreover and to simplify daily business of glass processor, new SGG E-CLEAR A is a single stock product for both annealed and tempered applications with an extended storage shelf life and improved toughening cycle time.
SGG E-CLEAR A has been designed to optimise thermal performance with solar gain, enabling it to achieve a minimum ‘B’ Window Energy Rating with SGG PLANICLEAR standard clear float counter-pane and warm-edge spacer, comfortably complying with current and potential future tightening of the Building Regulations.
With a slightly neutral/blue appearance SGG E-CLEAR A is aesthetically pleasing for window applications and offers installers and fabricators an improved solution for Window Energy Ratings without the haze side-effects of traditional pyrolitic (hard) coatings.
SGG E-CLEAR A improves the well-being of building occupants and lowers the demand for artificial lighting thanks its very high transparency and optical clarity.
Thanks to a low centre-pane U-value of 1.3 W/m2K, SGG E-CLEAR A reduces heat loss through windows, making homes more comfortable and reducing cold spots around areas of glazing.
SGG E-CLEAR A should always be assembled into an insulating glass unit, with the coating facing the cavity of the unit
• Edge-deletion prior to assembly into an IGU is not required when used with approved sealants*. If any other sealant is used, edge-deletion is required.
• Always process sheets with the coated side facing upwards.
• Refer to the timeline for stand down time between processes.
• Tempering: use clear float program as a reference adding 20 seconds heating time, with a temperature (bottom/top) around 700°C. Do not use SO2 in the furnace.
• Washing: water conductivity ≤ 20μS, pH 6-8, 30-40°C with soft brushes.
• Evaporating cutting oil is recommended, such as ACECUT (5250,5503).
• Always wear gloves suitable for handling coated glass.
• Storage: Use within one year from delivery. Store in a dry, well ventilated store to prevent any condensation and running water on the surface. Never outside or in the open air, protected from wide changes in temperature and humidity levels from opening doors.
• SGG E-CLEAR A is not suitable for single-glazing applications.