WHAT IS THIS
At Saint-Gobain, privacy is a serious matter and we are committed to protecting it.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), this policy explains when, why and how companies in our group governed by this Regulation:
collect personal data about individuals;
use this information;
disclose this kind of data to others, when this is necessary and under certain conditions;
keep secure and confidential this personal data.
WHAT ARE THE POLICY CHANGES
WHO WE ARE
The Saint-Gobain group (hereafter the “Group”) is made up of numerous individual companies. Whenever dealing with one of our Group companies (hereafter the “Company”), the “controller” of your personal data will be the Company that decides why and how your personal data is processed.
Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless mentioned otherwise, this refers to the particular Company that is the controller of your personal data.
HOW AND WHAT PERSONNAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Example: this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites, subscribing to the services we provide through our websites, posting material or requesting further services, managing your account online (including accessing documentation and engaging in correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our websites. If you complete any surveys requested for research purposes, we will collect information in such circumstances as well.
The information you give us may relate to your identification, such as your name, address, email address and phone number, or enquiry details, and may include records of any correspondence and responses to any surveys.
Personal data we collect about you: we may automatically collect the following information:
details of transactions you carry out through the websites, and your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access;
technical information, automatically collected, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Please see cookies for further information;
any personal data which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile or third party social network.
Personal data we may receive from other sources: we obtain certain personal data about you from sources outside our business which may include our Group companies or other third party companies
The remaining provisions of this policy also apply to any personal data we obtain from these sources.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data lawfully for:
- the purpose of handling communication and exchange of information with our websites users;
the purpose of managing our customer/prospect relations; notably when processing your orders, responding to your requests or by regularly sending you news and information on our products, our brands or our initiatives that might arouse your interest;
any other specific purpose indicated at the time of collecting the information.
We may use and process your personal data principally:
- where you have provided freely given and explicit CONSENT and for specific, determined and legitimate purposes.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information by contacting us at any time.
where it is necessary for us to pursue our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS as a business, provided that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding, taking into consideration your reasonable expectations, based on your relationship with us.
For example, for the following purposes:
direct marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) as analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your user experience;
assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centres;
detection, prevention and mitigation of fraudulent or other illegal activities;
network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- where it is necessary for us to COMPLY WITH A LEGAL OBLIGATION and notably:
- to assist a public authority or criminal investigation body;
- to identify you when you contact us under certain legal circumstances;
- to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you
- where it is required for the PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. This will include information that we process in order to enable you to make use of our website and the services we provide through it.
WHO MAY RECEIVE OR HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
However, we will always take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Your information is stored either in our databases or in the databases of our service providers. Mainly because of the international dimension of the Saint-Gobain group and in order to optimize service quality, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- In such cases, we will take to the appropriate security and confidentiality measures to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data or ensuring that the recipients have subscribed to “international frameworks” that aim to ensure adequate protection.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We retain your personal data for a period of time necessary to achieve the purpose for which we use that information and to fulfil our obligations under other laws. Except in specific cases, this period is specified at the time the information is collected.
- We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, restrictions or circumstances, you may have the right:
- To access your personal data;
- To correct, modify and update your personal data;
- To erase your personal data or restrict its processing;
- To withdraw your consent;
- To object to our use of your personal data for automated decisions made about you;
- To ask us to transfer your personal data in a structured data file to you or to another service provider if it is technically possible (data portability);
- To lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and seek a judicial remedy.
These rights may be exercised by written request sent to the contact details that will be provided to you at the time of data collection. A reply will be provided to you within a reasonable delay, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
HOW WE ENSURE SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA
Our aim is to keep your data as safe and secure as possible at all times. Once we have received your personal data, we put in place reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures and controls to prevent as much as possible any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
HOW COOKIES WORK
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit.
Our Privacy Correspondent is Amarjit Sandhu. Please direct any queries about this Privacy Statement or about the way we process your personal information to our Privacy Correspondent using our contact details below.
If you wish to write to us, please write to us at our trading address: Glassolutions, Saint-Gobain House, East Leake, Loughborough LE12 6JU
Our email address for data protection queries is firstname.lastname@example.org